Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Recompile / DLL update

fsantos is offline Senior Member

Default Recompile / DLL update

Hello. I'm an old programmer taking care of a new ADNSF site. I needed to change a funcion at the AspDotNetStorefrontCore.

When I replaced the old AspDotNetStorefrontCore.dll with the new AspDotNetStorefrontCore.dll file, the site stopped with error:

Could not load file or assembly '__AspDotNetStorefrontCore' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    This is probably an easy to fix thing but I have no clue on how to proceed. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you so much!

fsantos

fsantos is offline Senior Member

Probably I did something wrong with my first try. Using a new source install, I was able to recompile and deploy a new version of a specific DLL.

I stopped the webserver, copied the DLL and that started the webserver.

Everything worked as expected. Problem solved