Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: sample hometopintro html using featured products

frank_white_mcsd is offline Junior Member

Default sample hometopintro html using featured products

hi, i am new to aspdotnetstorefront and i am trying to setup a featured products on my home page. i have watched the video's and searched the forum, but still my products dont show up. does any have a sample of thier hometopintro html using featured products that i can use has a reference.

-frank

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

Featured products aren't really populated using the hometopintro topic. They're actually displayed below whatever HTML you have inside that topic. The template stacks them.

Not sure which version you're on, but in ML8 you have to create a new category (mine is called Featured) and map your featured products to that category. Then change the appconfig IsFeaturedCategoryID to the ID of that category. At that point your featured products should start showing up below your hometopintro HTML.

If that doesn't do it there may be another issue causing problems, but without more info on your version and exactly how you're trying to setup featured products, I can't offer much more help.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2