Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Preventing Multiple Coupons

heykate is offline Member

Question Preventing Multiple Coupons

This is probably a simple fix, but I looked for an App Config (my go to source of awesomeness - makes life so much easier doesnt it?), but I couldnt find anything.

I am trying to prevent multiple coupon codes from being used, I only want a customer to be able to use on coupon per order...

Thanks in advance!

HeyKate

heykate is offline Member

Default SOLVED : Preventing Multiple Coupons Being Used

In order to prevent multiple coupons from being used, you must set the priority number different then other coupons.

Lets say we have three coupons.

Coupon One : Priority of 1
    Coupon Two : Priority of 2
    Coupon Three : Priority of 1

So, the mechanics behind it is,

a customer would not be able to use one and two, as they are different priority numbers, but a customer could use one and tree together since they have the same priority number.

Make sense?

espey127 is offline Junior Member

I understand the mechanics but it doesn't work for all situations like the one we experienced. By not having an option to select a button to "not use with other promotions" when you have thousand of coupons built the same way causes havoc.

For example, lets say you did a deal with Groupon and customers are able to purchase multiple coupons. Each coupon would built exactly the way as the other. Therefore, all codes could be combined since you would have no idea who purchased which coupons.

I'm not sure what the thinking was behind not having this simple option built into the promo logic. I can tell you it's causing us a lot of issues. Please advise how we can resolve this issue!

It would be nice if the ASPDNSF team would reply to this issue.

cdarkloc is offline Member

Exclamation Multiple coupons will bleed us dry!

OMG, this is a HUGE issue for us! We just upgraded to 9.3 and I can't believe that there is no way to make it so a customer can only use one coupon per cart We have hundreds of coupons and this opens us up to HUGE exploitation! We might have to turn coupons off altogether until we resolve this issue somehow!

jasonsca is offline Junior Member

Default Did this get fixed?

Is it possible to make it so only one coupon is used on an order. Other than having to make every coupon code a different priority number?

Thanks!! Jason

dorcy is offline Junior Member

Default We need a multiple coupon fix.

We just upgraded to 9.3 and finding that the multiple coupons can not be turned off. We also have 100 + coupons. the way ours is working is it will apply each coupon on top of the next. so a 20% off 10 different times will applied and applied. Not good. Going to try the priority levels but going through 100+ coupons will be a logical nightmare with all of the emails, website and google ads we have running. We need a multiple coupon fix. Appconfig us please !