Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Coupon Code Problem In Multi-Store 9.3

matrix is offline Junior Member

Default Coupon Code Problem In Multi-Store 9.3

The storefront version I'm using is -
    AspDotNetStorefront Multistore 9.3.0.0/9.3.0.0
    which I have upgraded from an older ML 8 version.

After upgrading the database, there are two relevant tables -
    i) Coupon
    ii) Promotions

All previous coupon code exist in both the table.
    Now, if I add a new code from admin --> Configuration --> Pricing and Promotions --> coupons, I checked that that new code only saved in Promotions table.

If I used this code in front-end and click on Update cart button it shows the description like "Free Shipping" or "5% Discount" but after that if I click on "checkout now" button I'm getting an error message like -
    "YOU HAVE ENTERED AN INVALID COUPON CODE"

If I use any old coupon-code (one that is available in both the Coupon and Promotions table in the database) then it works fine.

I have also checked at the back-end and the expiration date of the coupon is lot longer than current date and there are lots of available usage.

Not sure why this is happening. Any ideas/feedback on this will be really appreciated.

heykate is offline Member

Thumbs up

You have to use the field for "Special Offers" and not "Giftcard/Coupons".

I encountered the same problem, so I hid the giftcard area and changed the Special Offers header to say Coupon Code..

deselt is offline Senior Member

We upgraded to 9.3 because of this promo future but it’s just upsetting. We getting phone call from customers all the time that coupons not working or in which box they should enter it.
    I thought hide the coupon/gift card but we have pending gift card and we want to over gift card in future. I my eyes we should never made this update., It cost us money for upgrade right and money for add on what not working in new version and lot of time to upgrade. Now I discover it have problem with IE10. Next time I will think twice before update and not will listen what grate future it offer.

matrix is offline Junior Member

Hello everyone,

We followed heykate's instructions from above. Now we have below problems. It takes promotion code in shopping cart page but not working properly.

We created a promotion code "HPSHIP" with free shipping feature for few particular products and when we used it in front-end for those products in shopping cart page it shows the description that "HPSHIP Free Shipping HP Cartridge Orders over $260.00" but after checkout it added shipping charges also it shows the shipping methods to select shipping option. "FreeShippingAllowsRateSelection" config value is False.

Note: Total Cart amount is grater than $260.

Can anyone give some idea what more things we need to solve this issue?

Thanks

deselt is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by deselt View Post
    We upgraded to 9.3 because of this promo future but it’s just upsetting. We getting phone call from customers all the time that coupons not working or in which box they should enter it.
    I thought hide the coupon/gift card but we have pending gift card and we want to over gift card in future. I my eyes we should never made this update., It cost us money for upgrade right and money for add on what not working in new version and lot of time to upgrade. Now I discover it have problem with IE10. Next time I will think twice before update and not will listen what grate future it offer.
    We have exactly same problems here. It's just so upsetting. So we decides to give up on updates for couple years and we switch one of our ASPDNSF to nobCommerce. It's for free and at least using latest technology.

thefamousgroup is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by deselt View Post
    We have exactly same problems here. It's just so upsetting. So we decides to give up on updates for couple years and we switch one of our ASPDNSF to nobCommerce. It's for free and at least using latest technology.
    And we've discovered absolutely the same issue. Long time supporter of aspdotnetstorefront but after paying for the new license based on the promotion engine being the significant upgrade, to find it useless is astonishing. Currently trying to get support on this issue so will relay how that goes. At the current moment I would not recommend anyone upgrades from previous versions of aspdotnetstorefront for the improved promotion features - it will not work!