Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Store-specific Top Menu? (MSx9.3)

imbrognaphoto is offline Junior Member

Default Store-specific Top Menu? (MSx9.3)

Hi there!
    I currently have one live site and one test site using MSx9.3, and would like to know how to assign each store its own page.menu.xml.config file. Each site has, or will have, a few t-pages which are linked to the top level of the top menu. I assume it's somewhere in here:
    Code:
    <asp:Menu ID="aspnetMenu" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" StaticTopSeparatorImageUrl="images/tab-sep.gif"
                    StaticEnableDefaultPopOutImage="False" StaticDisplayLevels="2" MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuLevel %>">
    ...but maybe not. Thanks for the help!

jerm324 is offline Senior Member

I believe you need to create a page.menu.xml.config file for each site and put it in the xml packages folder for each skin.

Totally makes sense, but the page.menu.xml.config resides in the root level directory, not inside the App_Templates/[skinID]/XmlPackages folder. How do I refer to the correct instance of the menu? Is it a line in the template.master, or an app.config I missed?

Actually, it turns out that's exactly what you do-- copy the page.menu.xml.config into the AppTemplates/[skinID]/XmlPackages folder and edit to your liking. It just took awhile to recognize the file. Thanks, jerm324!

kwa1207 is offline Junior Member

Such a simple fix, I set here for hours just over thinking this. Thanks for the post guys!