Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Compiler Error: Ambiguous in namespace AspDotnetStoreFront

mohanrh is offline Member

Default Compiler Error: Ambiguous in namespace AspDotnetStoreFront

HI,

Our site is currently running on ML/64 8.0.1 version Vb.net. Recently I started getting this error in searchhelper.aspx page on our development site.

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'Resource' is ambiguous in the namespace 'AspDotNetStorefront'.

Line 23:
    Line 24:
    Line 25: Private _resources As List(Of Resource) = New List(Of Resource)()

It used to work fine but now I am not able to identify the cause of this error. I don't think I have made any changes to this page.

Recently I also installed 9.3 version on the same server but that is a completely different web app. Not sure whether that has anything to do with this error.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Mohan

lehmans is offline Junior Member

If a class is ambiguous in a namespace it means that there are more than one class named "Resource" and it doesn't know which one to use. I have a feeling this is due to the upgrade that you did. You may have put the files for the upgrade in the same folder or sub-folder as your current version? Even though the new version is a completely different web app it has to go in a completely different folder (not just a sub-folder) than your current version. So if you put your current version in C:\WebApp1 and the new upgraded version in C:\WebApp2 you won't have any issues. If you have the current version in C:\WebApp1 and you put the new version in C:\WebApp1\WebApp2 then this will cause the ambiguity that you are seeing.

- Ryan