Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Promotions - Import

vedran is offline Member

Default Promotions - Import

Hello,

How do I programatically add products to promotions?

For example I create a promotion and it has 10% off for all products, how do I add it?

We are using WSI for custom import excel sheet, but it seems there is no such functionality in WSI implemented... ??

Please help

Skriver is offline Senior Member

It is automatically set up to work for all products. You can select to have it only apply to certain products by adding the Storefront ID under Coupon Code and then Valid For Product(s):

You can also apply to manufacturers etc..

vedran is offline Member

Would you be so kind to give me an example?

Thanks

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Its quite straight forward in admin you go to Configurtion>Pricing and Promotions>Coupons> Add New

vedran is offline Member

Thanks, but I know that

I figured a way to mass apply (WSI) promotions to products, if there is interest I will post code and instructions how to do it.

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

I think what Skriver was trying to say is that the storefront will apply a promotion to all products if you simply leave that box blank.

Hover over the info box next to the "Valid For Product(s):" box and it explains that you can either enter what products you want to apply it to, or leave it blank to apply to all products.

In your example you wanted to apply the promotion to all products. If you wanted to apply it to a large amount of (but not all) products, I would probably just have used excel to form the comma separated list of products and then pasted that into the products field. No real need for WSI unless you're regularly updating the list of products under a certain promotion.
    Last edited by donttryathome; 09-20-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

vedran is offline Member

Problem is... there are 400k products... over 20 different promotions (some 50k products are on promotions), that change on daily basis. It is very (if not possible) difficult to do it that way.

Also, I am making my own GUID for the products that I upload via WSI. I cant rely on ID for several contract specific reasons.

However I found beautiful and elegant solution, that is applicable to other projects as well.

joannae is offline Junior Member

Default Promotion import soluiton

Vedran - I've been struggling with the same problem for a while until, I found your post and I would be more than interested in the elegant solution you are referring to. Would you mind posting your solution or let me know if I can contact you directly.
    Thank you so much.