Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Database deadlocks

dirigodev is offline Junior Member

Default Database deadlocks

I'm using Storefront v8.0.1.2. When we make changes to the site - anything that re-complies the site, we get deadlock errors for about 5-10 minutes. This is a high volume store that has been in production for more than 18 months. We're the new development group.

We setup a SQL trace to explore. Around 98% of the deadlocks originate from a stored procedure called 123dnsf.dbo.aspdnsf_PABPEraseCCInfo. This is a Storefront stored procedure that is encrypted. We have no control over how it functions.

What is this SP? What does it do? Why is it causing deadlocks so frequently (around 150 over a 12 hour period)?

jberry is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirigodev View Post
    I'm using Storefront v8.0.1.2. When we make changes to the site - anything that re-complies the site, we get deadlock errors for about 5-10 minutes. This is a high volume store that has been in production for more than 18 months. We're the new development group.

We setup a SQL trace to explore. Around 98% of the deadlocks originate from a stored procedure called 123dnsf.dbo.aspdnsf_PABPEraseCCInfo. This is a Storefront stored procedure that is encrypted. We have no control over how it functions.

What is this SP? What does it do? Why is it causing deadlocks so frequently (around 150 over a 12 hour period)?
    I am seeing the same behavior. Here is what I believe is happening:

If the appConfig parameter "StoreCCInDB" is set to false, the stored procedure "aspdnsf_PABPEraseCCInfo" will be run on app start up. This stored procedure goes through and deletes any saved credit cards. It is an encrypted procedure, so we don't much about it. I don't know why they decided to encrypt it.

So if the site recompiles or the app pool is restarted, I bet that procedure is being called and something within that procedure is causing locking.

Can any storefront admins comment on this? This is a large problem for us, and appears to be a critical storefront flaw for any large volume site. Any help would be appreciated.

jberry is offline Junior Member

Can any Storefront Admins comment on this issue? Is there a way to prevent this stored procedure from being called on app start?