Hello,

I have solution for my problem. Could you take a look and see is this ok, or is there another way to do it.

My requirement is to have Actual cost enabled for kit items. Since there is no actual cost on kits, we figured to turn on all kits as products (product has that field) and set products as kits. For example I have following:
- Phone as product
- Blue tooth set as product (published set to no)
- Phone cover set as product (published set to know)

I would set phone as product (which it is) and set his kit items for Blue Tooth and Phone Cover. This can be done in admin console easy. But there is no programmatic way of doing it (at least I don't know one).

We have tens of thousands of products (over 300k) in excel format, we created our own excel sheet which is created to suit our needs. Then we made a WSI application that will read that excel and feed the database with products which will be used for future product additions.

Now we are making parser, that will convert old excel to new excel. After that is done we will simply feed it to database.
There is no way of adding products as kits programatically and that makes a challenge for us (over 70k of kits, now products).

What we come up with is this:
We will add all kits as products. We will take unique SKU of parent product, then we will take the same SKU for kits (now products) and append KP (kit product to it). We control uniqueness using GUID.

When we feed the products to database using excel (excel uses similar form as sample excel provided) we will scan every kit use its name and its SKU (that has appended KP) and query DB for its existence, if its there we will extract its Actual cost field and write is as normal kit field. If not, then user will be prompted that kit has not been entered.

This sounds complicated, and it is. I hope I wrote this clearly

What do you think about this approach? IS there an easier way of doing this?

Thanks