Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: custom tabbed product page

btappan2 is offline Member

Default custom tabbed product page

I need a custom tabbed product page with the following tweaks:

1. Make the imagefilenameoverride app config work with multiple images.

By default, the software hunts for images with the same Product ID and any that contain the product id followed by _1_, _2_, etc, Along with version 9 came the ability to change it from Product id, to sku, helpful to some i'm sure. But I have products that share images though, thousands in my case, because many items have so little difference in appearance that they don't warrant photos for each one. I need the code rewritten to look in the imagefilenameoverride column of the table, instead of the productid or sku column.

2. Get my product extensiondata xml spec fields to show on my product page

3. get variant extensiondata to show next to each variant, this will contain simple warehouse location data specific at the variant level.

4. Of least importance to me, but would be nice if it can be done easily, Add a shipping calculator to the product page. By default, when items are in your cart, on the cart page there is a "get estimates" button that prompts you for your zip code if you are not logged in. I want this type estimator added to the product page that will get a freight estimate for that single product, ask for the zip everytime, logged in or not, and return all shipping options, not just the cheapest method like the default one does.

ROBB is offline Senior Member

Default Custom Work

@btappan2, what email address can I reach you at to discuss your projects?

I already have something very similar to #4 setup on my dev site. I will send you a link once I get your contact info.

btappan2 is offline Member

Bentappan@gmail.com, I'd like to see what you have setup.