Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: A DIV/Unordered List Menu

donato is offline Senior Member

Default A DIV/Unordered List Menu

Hello All,

I would like to be able to format the menu system similar to how http://www.raymourflanigan.com/ has their menu system. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

~D

webopius is offline Senior Member

This is actually pretty straightforward to do and I've just done a similar menu for a UK company using AspDotNetStorefront.

1. Create an independent 'menu' XML package, initially containing some static HTML menus for testing only. Get this working with your master template to replace any existing menu.
    2. Get the CSS working so that each menu drops down correctly as you hover, has the right z-index and layout across all browsers
    3. Add in dynamic retrieval into your menu XML package to retrieve the menu titles first (categories)
    4. Add in dynamic retrieval for the sub-menus (start with the basic sub-categories)
    5. Finally, add in the category specific graphics, or even top selling products into each menu drop down, all by enhancing the menu XML package.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by webopius View Post
    This is actually pretty straightforward to do and I've just done a similar menu for a UK company using AspDotNetStorefront.

1. Create an independent 'menu' XML package, initially containing some static HTML menus for testing only. Get this working with your master template to replace any existing menu.
    2. Get the CSS working so that each menu drops down correctly as you hover, has the right z-index and layout across all browsers
    3. Add in dynamic retrieval into your menu XML package to retrieve the menu titles first (categories)
    4. Add in dynamic retrieval for the sub-menus (start with the basic sub-categories)
    5. Finally, add in the category specific graphics, or even top selling products into each menu drop down, all by enhancing the menu XML package.

Adam
    Wow! That sounds pretty straight forward... I will look into that further.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by webopius View Post

Adam
    I apologize, but could you show me an example please? I tried yesterday to look at it, and to be honest, I need to learn quite a bit more on this end of things... I would greatly appreciate it.

~D