Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Deploying source code changes

kingris is offline Junior Member

Default Deploying source code changes

I'm trying to do some simple changes in the source code, just adding css IDs and such to the markup, I believe I'm changing the right code but can't get my changes deployed.

For example, I've changed the LookupProductImage method in AspDotNetStorefrontCore.XSLTExtensionBase to simply return the string "TEST". Then I built the whole solution in Visual Studio. The DLLs in /web/bin/ all show being modified at the time I built, but the images on the rendered pages still show up. I've reset the cache in the storefront admin thinking it might do something, but still cannot get any of my changes to reflect.

Surely I'm missing something?

kingris is offline Junior Member

Default Overloads!

In case anyone else goes down this same path, the code is compiling fine, but many of the methods in the projects have multiple overflows, so I was just changing the code in ONE of the MANY LookupProductImage methods within AspDotNetStorefrontCore.XSLTExtensionBase. Once I tracked down which overload was being used and made my changes there, everything was fine.