Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Feed - Roboted images

Bluefish-Andrew is offline Member

Default Google Feed - Roboted images

I have setup the Google Feed and I am currently waiting for it to be approved.

One of the issues listed on the Data Quality Issues page of Google Merchant Services is:

"Roboted images (1,453 items)
    The image URLs submitted seem to be blocked by robots.txt. Google will not be able to display these images together with the products. Please change your robots.txt file to allow Google to download the image."

I have removed the line "Disallow: /images/" from my robots.txt file on Friday but this error is still showing on the Google Site. Does anybody know what I need to do to resolve this issue?

danrawk is offline Member

do you have only one robots.txt file on your site? anywhere else this could be blocked.

google's robots can take more than a weekend, especially if it's merchant center related.

As far as I know this is the only robots file on the site... I haven't added my own so it should just be the default one.

I guess I need to wait for Google to rescan the site.

Effortless is offline Junior Member

We had the same issue and found that it was case specific so both upper and lower are needed in the robots.txt. The below chunk may help if you ever need/want to add the disallow back in. If not I would say give it another few weeks as it took over 10 days for ours to even start clearing off the warning. It then took a further 4-5 days for them all to be cleared.

Disallow: /images/
    Allow: /images/pdf/
    Allow: /images/product/
    Allow: /images/manufacturer/
    Allow: /images/variant/
    Allow: /images/Product/
    Allow: /images/Manufacturer/
    Allow: /images/Variant/

Quick Update:

The products are showing in the search results with images now but the error is still showing...

As the images are visible I'm not too worried, hopefully I just need to be patient!