Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: New dev site, attempt to add manufacturer / 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException'

rpoage is offline Junior Member

Default New dev site, attempt to add manufacturer / 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException'

This is the error response I get when I attempt to add a manufacturer in admin?
    When I set up the SQL database there were no errors? Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

18 8/10/2012 10:34:50 AM GeneralException Error Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
    Details
    Page URL:/admin/entityEdit.aspx
    Source:.Net SqlClient Data Provider
    Stack Trace:
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlExc eption exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaDat a()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteRead er(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderT ds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader( CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader( CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior behavior, String method)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.DB.GetRS(String Sql, SqlConnection dbconn)
    at AspDotNetStorefront.CachelessStore.GetMapping(Stri ng entityType, Int32 id) in d:\Domains\dev.ashfordhobby.com\wwwroot\App_Code\C achelessStore.cs:line 418
    at AspDotNetStorefront.CachelessStore.IsMapped(String entityType, Int32 id) in d:\Domains\dev.ashfordhobby.com\wwwroot\App_Code\C achelessStore.cs:line 403
    at AspDotNetStorefrontControls.EntityToStoreMapper.<D ataBind>b__0(CachelessStore store) in d:\Domains\dev.ashfordhobby.com\wwwroot\Admin\Cont rols\EntityToStoreMapper.ascx.cs:line 45
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.M oveNext()
    at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    at AspDotNetStorefrontControls.EntityToStoreMapper.Da taBind() in d:\Domains\dev.ashfordhobby.com\wwwroot\Admin\Cont rols\EntityToStoreMapper.ascx.cs:line 44
    at AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.entityEdit.Page_Load(Obje ct sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Domains\dev.ashfordhobby.com\wwwroot\Admin\enti tyEdit.aspx.cs:line 107
    at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.AdminPageBase.OnLoad(Even tArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    Robert Poage
    Ashford Hobby.

www.ashfordhobby.com
    robert@ashfordhobby.com

Default Database string issues?

I'm going to assume that this is related to the database connection string in web.config.

<add key="DBConn" value="data source=sql2k8a.appliedi.net;initial catalog="database name";user id="login name";password="password";persist security info=True;packet size=4096" />

I can log onto the database with MS SQL server managment studio using SQL server autherization and the same log-in and password with no issues.
    Last edited by rpoage; 08-10-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    Robert Poage
    Ashford Hobby.

www.ashfordhobby.com
    robert@ashfordhobby.com

Default Problem sloved. Posting the fix

There was a schema issue due to setting the user had used. AppliedI corrected the schema and reowned the objects to fix the problem.

Once again I was above my level of comfort and Applied! came through with fast and correct tech support. Any one not using these guys for hosting is missing superior support.
    Robert Poage
    Ashford Hobby.

www.ashfordhobby.com
    robert@ashfordhobby.com