Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Trusted Stores DotFeed Channel

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Default Google Trusted Stores DotFeed Channel

Hey, does anyone have the new Google Trusted Stores DotFeed Channel working yet?

I've had Google Trusted Stores set up for a month and have been doing the shipping and cancellation feeds manually. It's been working fine.

I bought the DotFeed TrustedStores Channel and can't figure out how to get it working. What settings do I use in Google Merchant Data Feed Create Schedule?

Thanks,
    Tom

mjg is offline Member

On our OWN storefront, we've written our own solution to the problem. I've got separate pages for Google to pull feeds from us (Shipped Orders and Cancelled Orders) and we are building the required Javascript for every order on OrderConfirmation page.

As for the DotFeed connector, we just implemented one (I hope correctly) for one of our clients. I haven't been able to find the install documentation for this so hopefully someone from Vortx will chime in if I'm wrong...
    • Since they had customizations already in their OrderConfirmation page, we merged the required code from ASPDNSF's OrderConfirmation.aspx.cs page into the existing page on the client site
    • Ran the provided SQL to create the new appconfig parameters
    • Client will configure the appconfig parameters as appropriate based on information provided by Google in their Trusted Store application and in the merchant center feed data feeds (basically turning on the order feed, adding their Trusted Store ID and their Google Merchant Center ID)
    • Client will perform DotFeed Configuration (not sure what all is in there but I would imagine it is pretty straight foward)

I think that should do it. Hopefully the steps will be document by Vortx shortly in the online manual but this SHOULD work for you.

URL to sign up for Google Trusted Stores program: http://www.google.com/trustedstores/merchants/
    URL to set up Cancelled Orders and Shipped Orders feeds to Google: http://www.google.com/merchants/bulkuploads
    EMM - Enhanced Email Manager

mjg is offline Member

Sorry, forgot, to put in notes about the feed schedule.

When we set up the Cancellation and Shipping feeds in the Google Merchant Center, we scheduled it to pull the two feeds every day at 11pm. We average between 4 and 20 orders a day with a 3 business-day shipping window.
    EMM - Enhanced Email Manager

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Thanks a lot for the response.

We have had Google Trusted Stores set up and running for over a month.
    We have been feeding the shipments and cancellations manually because the DotFeed Trusted Store Channel wasn't available until last week.
    So the Trusted Stores part is working fine.
    We also have DotFeed working for the Google Products Channel.

We bought the DotFeed Trusted Channel on the first day it was available and we can't figure out how to make it work. There is documention but it's the same doc for setting up the entire Google Trusted Stores. The DotFeed part is sketchy and seems to be missing something.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this DotFeed Google Trusted Stores Channel working. It should be very simple. I suspect we're either overlooking something basic or there is a problem because we set up Trusted Stores manually when we first did it.

Thanks,
    Tom

danrawk is offline Member

Cool update

hey,
    i spent some time yesterday getting the trusted store stuff set up.

a few notes:

the pdf they included in trusted stores is now out of date. support said they were working on an updated pdf for it as of late on 8/15/12, so you may want to email for it in a day or so.

the big change that i know of it in, was the part where it specifies setting up a schedule in google merchant for the shipping/cancel feeds. you still have to set up the feeds in merchant center, but you do not have to set up a schedule for them. why? because dotfeed will be pushing the data to google via ftp for you. dotfeed pushes your feed twice (?) a day. it appears our ship/cancel feeds pushed ok late last night.

the 2nd thing to note is that on the google trusted stores setup page (where you have "tasks" to complete), is that after you add the code sections to your store code templates, you may be seeing a "There were errors with the code implementation" regarding a "google_base_offer_id" tag.

ASPDNSF staff told me yesterday the "google_base_offer_id" is optional and not supported in this case, so even though you are seeing that error, in theory you should still see 2/2 tasks completed and everything will be alright.

Hope this saves you guys some trouble/tickets. Dotfeed support was super helpful yesterday.

Default update

hey,
    just an update, ASPDNSF released an updated gsconnector.zip so go grab the updated code. the older versions were breaking during the order confirmation page check

medsupply is offline Senior Member

Where can I find the instructions from ASPDNSF to setup the Google trusted stores feeds and all necessary files?

request them via support or the front page chat.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Stephanie is offline Junior Member

You can also purchase one-one-one assistance for setting up Google Trusted Stores here: http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p...ting-time.aspx. If you purchase one hourof time, we can get your store setup and completed in about 1 business day.

Default potential bug

hey -

having an issue with trusted stores, where upon returning from paypal ,the trusted stores order data information is not showing in the orderconfirmation.aspx page. this is just on paypal orders, not on credit card or mail order. it also means paypal orders are not getting reported to trusted stores.

these are the fields that are missing. it is NOT the trusted store java that just identifies the store number, country, and language. specifically, these fields are not showing only on paypal orders when you return to the aspdnsf orderconfirmation.aspx page:

Code:
    <!-- START Trusted Stores Order --> 
    <div id="gts-order" style="display:none;">
    <!-- start order and merchant information -->
    <span id="gts-o-id">ORDER NUMBER</span>
    <span id="gts-o-domain">DOMAIN NAME</span>
    <span id="gts-o-email">CUSTOMER EMAIL</span>
    <span id="gts-o-country">US</span>
    <span id="gts-o-currency">USD</span>
    <span id="gts-o-total">3.05</span>
    <span id="gts-o-discounts">0.00</span>
    <span id="gts-o-shipping-total">0.00</span>
    <span id="gts-o-tax-total">0.17</span>
    <span id="gts-o-est-ship-date">2013-01-25</span>
    <span id="gts-o-has-preorder">N</span>
    <span id="gts-o-has-digital">N</span>
    <!-- end order and merchant information -->
    <!-- start repeated item specific information -->
    <span class="gts-item">
    <span class="gts-i-name"> PRODUCT NAME
      </span>
    <span class="gts-i-price">2.88</span>
    <span class="gts-i-quantity">1</span>
    <span class="gts-i-prodsearch-id">PRODSEARCHID</span>
    <span class="gts-i-prodsearch-store-id">STOREID</span>
    <span class="gts-i-prodsearch-country">US</span>
    <span class="gts-i-prodsearch-language">en</span>
    </span>
    <!-- end repeated item specific information -->
    </div>
    <!-- END Trusted Stores -->
    can anyone that has trusted stores implemented run a test "live" paypal order and tell me if they are seeing the same thing? this may be impacting your ability to earn the google trusted stores seal.

aspdnsf insists it's a mod on my end but i've run test orders with default templates and orderconfirmation.aspx.cs code and still have the issue so i'm trying duplicate it in the wild.

thanks!
    Last edited by danrawk; 01-23-2013 at 11:08 AM.