Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Warning: Changing between Gateways may change the interval type on recurring products

usascholar is offline Member

Default Warning: Changing between Gateways may change the interval type on recurring products

Warning: Changing between Gateways may change the interval type on recurring products.

I changed from Authorize.net to PayFlo and noticed that there is no 'Day' interval type afterwards. I didn't really care, because I don't use days... however it seems many interval types changed from Month to Week.

I found them using this query:
    Select * from ProductVariant where
    RecurringIntervalType <> 3

I corrected them.

I then switched back to Authorize.net and many product interval types switched from Month to Day... Now that would have been bad if I didn't catch it.

Now whenever I do a switch, I update all product variant interval types back to month.
    Just an FYI so that you can avoid my issue if you have 2 or more Gateways you use.

I have: Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront Multistore 9.3.0.0/9.3.0.0

Cheers
    A
    Last edited by usascholar; 08-02-2012 at 04:35 PM.

usascholar is offline Member

Yup,

I just changed it again from Authorize.net to Payflo again.

The Monthly interval type is 3 for Authorize.net, while it changes to -5 in PayFlo.
    However each recurring variant does not automatically change to -5, it stays at 3... which somehow defaulted to "weekly" in all recurring variant products.

I just did an update to the productvariant table using sql to change them all:
    update ProductVariant
    set RecurringIntervalType = -5

Existing recurring orders in the ShoppingCart table maintain the interval type of 3, and continue to state "Monthly" rather than weekly.

Tonight or tomorrow after the recurring orders are processed I will check again in case any products were ordered before making the update, and update these manually... or if the existing orders change from monthly to weekly, I will then need to update the ShoppingCart table.

I know last month I had to make changes to the ShoppingCart table, but I am not sure if it was for only any new orders that were ordered when we didn't know of this issue, or the change was needed for all monthly items in the table.

I will update this thread when I know.