Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Excel import issue

vedran is offline Member

Default Excel import issue

Hello,

I have been banging my head for 2 days over this issue, and cant make it work. Attached is a excel that I was given upon purchase of 9.3 version. Also there are some categories in it and several products that I try to get in the database.

Import log says that everything is completed as it should. On the admin backend I do see categories, and also I do see products. They are even mapped as they should. However, it does not work on the front side.
    On the front side I do see the categories, but when I click on them I get error message:
    Code:
    Unable to Process Request
    We were unable to process your request. Please try again. If you continue to receive this message, contact our customer service department by clicking here. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Error on the backend is:
    Code:
    Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
    I can only find products if I use search, then it works.

Once I was able to map products for certain category, but now it odes not work.

I think I am close to finding correct format for the excel import.

Can someone who knows, please take a look at attached excell sample and help me out?

Thank you so much.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Is that exactly as you are importing it? It looks like you have removed the column header from the excel import which are needed.

If not then try reset cache within your admin panel. Then view the category and product again.

Also it the products need to have a valid xml package assigned to them. Edit one of the products and see what xml package you are using, I could not see one in the spreadsheet.

vedran is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skriver View Post
    Is that exactly as you are importing it? It looks like you have removed the column header from the excel import which are needed.

If not then try reset cache within your admin panel. Then view the category and product again.
    Do you mean column headers that come some in red color and some in black? You are correct... I was missing xml packages. Cant wait to try again

Thanks

Yes the top rows on the spreadsheet must be included.

vedran is offline Member

I could not make it work with categories. No matter what I try, it always makes wrong entires.

So I added categories manually, and then it works just as it should.

Thanks again Skriver