Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: featured categories

btappan2 is offline Member

Default featured categories

I am trying to create a root category grid on my homepage that uses the entity.featuredcategories xml package. I created a "featured categories" category and it immediately had some categories show up in it: "sunglasses", "brown sheep", etc....ones that were defaults included with the cart software that I have apparently since only "soft deleted". I know how in products you can map products to the featured products category, but how are categories matched to the "featured categories" since there is no mappings option for cetegories? Clearly its possible since the default categories were mapped there.

xml package is now gone in 9.2? I had it in 8.0 like above. Anybody have an easy way to display all of the root categories in an entity.grid type display on the hompage along with the category image?

Bluefish-Andrew is offline Member

Homepage Featured Category is still controlled by an XML package... its called featuredproducts.xml.config

The XML package runs a stored procedure by default - aspdnsf_GetFeaturedProducts,

This stored procedure doesn't return any sub category details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefish-Andrew View Post
    Homepage Featured Category is still controlled by an XML package... its called featuredproducts.xml.config

The XML package runs a stored procedure by default - aspdnsf_GetFeaturedProducts,

This stored procedure doesn't return any sub category details.
    I wan this to feature categories though, what you reference above features products, correct?

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

Is featuredcategories.xml.config a pre-defined package that comes with 9.x? I'm not running 9.x, but it isn't in my list of 8.x packages. Did you write it yourself?
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2