Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Analytics

vedran is offline Member

Default Google Analytics

Hello,

We will purchase dotfeed platform, and all of the channels that come with it.

Our client requires Google Analytics. I am total noob on this analytic thing. AFAIK this is some sort of google tracker, which can show you from where people reached your site. Even that might be not correct I do not know.

My question is, by purcahsing google channel, I am getting Analytics as well? Then if not, I would really appreciate any kind help with setting it up.

Thank you

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Google analytics is something that is set up from the Analytics part itself. The procedure it to first register your site. So when you log into Analytics with a valid Google account you will be asked to claim/register your domain. A few ways of doing this but I simply upload the html file that they give you to the root of the directory and then on to the next stage.

To start tracking data in Analytics it means placing some code on your ASPDSNF Homepage and template master files (or in a file that is used across the site such as a footer or header). Once this is done there are some app configs within the ASPDNSF admin portal that need populating with your Google analytics data.

This link will help you more and also if you want to go further and start to track E-commerce

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-tracking.aspx

vedran is offline Member

Awesome!

Thank you