Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Decision has been made

vedran is offline Member

Smile Decision has been made

We have made a decision, we will be using ASPDOTNETFRONT for our business. we will be getting it shortly. Meanwhile, if someone can answer me few questions it would be much appreciated.

MIGRATION:
    1. I have been reading and a kind forum member provided me few information about this issue. I have found a excell import sample file located here . That is located on manual section of the web site. However, these instructions are for version mlv7, but we will get version 9.3. Are they compatible?

It would be lovely if I could get a excel sample filled with some products and categories already

2. If I read correctly, I do not have to enter categories (vendors, manufacturers) manually, I just have to include them in excel file (per product) and they will be inserted auto-magically... is that correct?

Thank you for your time.

All the best

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Hi

When you get the software you will also be given the latest excel import template. From memory there was a change when upgrading to v9 is that it cotained an extra SE item.

This thread has a sample you may want to try

http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ht=bulk+import

2.Yes that is how it works for us. i would try doing one or two lines at a time first just to get used to the process.

Also when you upload you can review the log before you accept the import (always useful) and of course back up your database prior to importing.

vedran is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skriver View Post
    Hi

When you get the software you will also be given the latest excel import template. From memory there was a change when upgrading to v9 is that it cotained an extra SE item.

This thread has a sample you may want to try

http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ht=bulk+import

2.Yes that is how it works for us. i would try doing one or two lines at a time first just to get used to the process.

Also when you upload you can review the log before you accept the import (always useful) and of course back up your database prior to importing.
    And thank you again for your help

Unfortunately that link is not working anymore, I have seen it before
    Last edited by vedran; 07-20-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Forgot something

webopius is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on making the right choice to use ASPDotNetStorefront. It can take a while to get up to speed with some of the areas (such as XSL templates) but once you've got the hang of it, it's very powerful.

The real advantage is that anything in ASPDNSF can be changed and enhanced to meet the needs of your business...

Adam

vedran is offline Member

Thanks Adam.

I hope I will not get stuck somewhere, but if I do there is wonderful community

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Vedran, we also have a Migration Package/Bundle for new clients like yourself: http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/p-1...on-bundle.aspx

Hope that helps and thank you.
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

cengen is offline Member

Default free utility / some like this

http://www.simrun.com/AspDotNetStore...Commander.aspx

paid version has more features.

Welcome to AspDotNetStorefront

- Charlie

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Hmm, not exactly the same thing (no 301 redirects and ours are admin tools vs remote tool) but thanks for heads up.
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

webopius is offline Senior Member

lol, I love all the self promotion that takes place in these forums!

Vedran, another option for importing or 301 redirects from your old site (if you have one) is to contact a good ASPDNSF developer who will be able to do this for you.

They can also handle data migration (products, customers, images etc.)

This should not cost a lot and has the advantage of allowing you to tailor the approach for your business.

vedran is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by webopius View Post
    lol, I love all the self promotion that takes place in these forums!

Vedran, another option for importing or 301 redirects from your old site (if you have one) is to contact a good ASPDNSF developer who will be able to do this for you.

They can also handle data migration (products, customers, images etc.)

This should not cost a lot and has the advantage of allowing you to tailor the approach for your business.

Thank you very much.

What do you mean by 301 redirects? aspdotnetfront can crawl over old site and pick products, categories, manufacturers?

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Hi Vedran

If you get stuck with the spreadsheet import then DM me your email and I will send you a dummy one to help.

vedran is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skriver View Post
    Hi Vedran

If you get stuck with the spreadsheet import then DM me your email and I will send you a dummy one to help.
    Indeed, I got the latest Excel format, but I am stuck already. and exactly as you said, dummy one will help a lot.

I am not allowed to send PM still for some reason. Here is my email.

wex.alpha at gmail.com

Thank you very much