Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Extension Data as XML

jbanning is offline Junior Member

Default Extension Data as XML

For each product in my store, I have included the following XML as ExtensionData

<LicensingTiers>
    <Min>75</Min>
    <Max>99</Max>
    </LicensingTiers>

I am using the aspdnsf_GetProducts stored prod to get product information. I have modified the stored proc to also return ExtensionData, but what is returned is the following:

<ExtensionData>&lt;LicensingTiers&gt;
    &lt;Min&gt;75&lt;/Min&gt;
    &lt;Max&gt;99&lt;/Max&gt;
    &lt;/LicensingTiers&gt;</ExtensionData>

I need to have this render as XML and not text. How can I do this?

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Do you have an example of this? Are you trying to just show the XML data to the customer on XmlPackage or process it in some way?
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

jacobglad is offline Junior Member

Default Same Problem

I am having the same problem. I'm using a query to retreive Extension data stored in categories. This is my first time using the extension data feature, but I had assumed taht it could be used to return xml. The contents of the extension data is returned as plaintext, not nested as xml.