Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Is there a way to make a custom report that will return category description?

jhoskinson is offline Member

Default Is there a way to make a custom report that will return category description?

Does anyone know if it's possible to download all the categories (by name and/or id) with their category description?

cengen is offline Member

this should help...
    referring to this:

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...om-report.aspx

run this query from your admin panel, under configuration, advanced, run sql

INSERT INTO CustomReport (Name, Description, SQLCommand)
    VALUES ('Category Name Report', 'Active Category Name Report', 'select CategoryID
    , Name
    , Description
    from category
    where published = 1')

In the above, you can change the text within the Values Parenthesis... first is name of the report as seen in the admin panel, second is the description of the report, third is the sql for the report itself. With the sql...

You can remove CategoryID and or Name or Description just don't leave a comma between the word select and the first column you want.... I included 'where published = 1' just in case you have inactive (unpublished) categories.

Hope that helps you.

jhoskinson is offline Member

Default Perfect!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

cengen is offline Member

Glad I could help you. Enough people help me.

Regards,

- Charlie