Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Data feed file format?

steven is offline Junior Member

Default Google Data feed file format?

Can someone tell me what file format I should use when creating a New Data Feed for Google for DotFeed? (Google merchant center: Feed format = google base. File format = ???)

Thank you

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You don't actually need to touch that setting at all, if you go through the quick setup described here the feed will be configured properly.

If for some reason you end up poking around in those settings, you can choose XML or auto-detect.

steven is offline Junior Member

Does it matter what file extension I use? I'm currently using: data_feed.xml (Have also tried: data_feed.txt)

I'm getting errors, Delimiter detection failed - Error (no products inserted)

Then, if I change my File format to XML, I get: XML formatting error - Error (no products inserted)
    Last edited by steven; 07-06-2012 at 08:30 AM.