Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Left Navigation Sub-category Display

matrix is offline Junior Member

Default Left Navigation Sub-category Display

ASPDNSF version is AspDotNetStorefront Multistore 9.2.0.0/9.2.0.0

Please check the attached image. My left navigation shows like attached image. It uses \App_Templates\Skin_8\XmlPackages\rev.categories.x ml.config file.

What I need - Sub-category should only be show for selected category page, instead of all sub-categories for all categories. For example: If I have Accessories category opened then I need only sub-categories shown for Accessories. Rest should not show.

As per my research -

<xsl:if test="count(child::Entity)&gt;0 and (EntityID = $CategoryID or descendant::Entity/EntityID = $CategoryID)">
    --> Shows only categories.

<xsl:if test="count(child::Entity)&gt;0">
    --> Shows all category, sub-category and sub-sub-categories (nested).

<xsl:if test="EntityID = $CategoryID or number(ParentEntityID) =$CategoryID">
    --> Shows all category and first level sub-categories.

This this, I have all properly done and tested. However, when I try to get sub-categories related to only one selected category, I get nothing at all. I tried passing fixed category-id like the example below, it works fine. It doesn't work when I try to make things dynamic with respect to any random category.

<xsl:if test="EntityID = 118 or number(ParentEntityID) =118">
    --> Shows all categories and subcategories for categoryID 118

Can someone help me with some idea as to how to make this run? Is there a problem in the code I'm using?
    Attached Images Attached Images