Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Unwanted text appended to Email address in Customer table

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Default Unwanted text appended to Email address in Customer table

We upgraded from version 6.2 to ML8.1 earlier this year and we just noticed that some unwanted text is being appened to the customer email address.

The string is "-anon-201206260000." The numeric portion changes every day and apears to be the current date.

In checking our database, I see that started right after the upgrade but we didn't notice it until it started causing a problem with Google Trusted Store feed.

We have anonymous checkout turned on and have never had any problems. It appears to be related to the upgrade. I search app.config and string resources for any hints and didn't find anything.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this or have any idea how to fix it?

Thank you,
    Tom

Default Additional Information

The email address in the Orders table is fine and the receipt email and tracking emails are sent with no problem. Apparently they both use the email stored in the Orders table.

Tom

Default Found the Code

OK, I found that spot that is appending the text to customer email addresses. It is FlagAnon found in checkoutreview.aspx.cs.

Now I just need to know why that's there and what it's intended to do because it breaks Google Trusted Store.

Any ideas?