Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Need help generating a license for an upgrade

dadkind is offline Junior Member

Default Need help generating a license for an upgrade

Hello All,
    I have a client who is running 8.0 .
    We are upgrading them to 8.0.1.4.

I've updated the files and I've run the DB scripts (so far so good).

But now I need to get a new 8.0.1.4 license and this is where I'm lost.

My client has logged in to their SF account and they've gone to the "/license" page.
    There they can see their 8.0 license info as well as info for an a site with an 8.0.1.2 license that they have.

What is the process for generating an 8.0.1.4 license once you are on the License screen? Is there a way for you to select which version you want to create a license for? (Or is the upgrade from 8.0 to 8.0.1.4 not a free upgrade??)

Thanks!

John Morrison is offline Junior Member

Unfortunately, upgrades from from eight to 8.0.1.4 were not free. How are you able to download the software? If it was available from my license page you may actually have an 8.0.1.4 license. If that is the case then just go to your my licenses page and view the domain that's in question. Once you're looking at it you should see a drop-down box and you can select your current version and then download the license key.

If you're unable to do that you'll have to contact customer service. ML 8 is no longer available for purchase.

tomas@aydus.com is offline Junior Member

(Replying from my "official" account).

[I have an 8.0.1.4 install ZIP from another account that was updated recently.]

I did not realize that the 8.0-->8.0.1.4 was not a free upgrade. I will have to check back with our client to see if they want to pay for their upgrade.

Thanks for the information.