Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Username Password change

campbelt101 is offline Member

Default Username Password change

We've been using WSI successful for around a year now.

However, we have run into one particularily annoying feature. Let me explain our setup. We have a service that runs on our internal network that goes out to the store via WSI and downloads all the orders, uploads shipping information, and then a few times a day updates the inventory quantities.

But every 30 or 45 days, the password for the account used to make the WSI connection requires a password change. The service fails because it can't login... etc....

The question is: how should I correct the service to fix this issue. Should I change the password every 30 days? Can I set the password so that it does not expire?

Comments and ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

You could set the appconfig to require password change at larger intervals, but I believe that will fail PCI compliancy so would not recommend it... AdminPwdChangeDays
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

campbelt101 is offline Member

Setting the password to a larger interval doesn't help.

My idea would be to have the program change it's own password periodically. This would solve both problems. The program would use a specific account, only for the purpose of WSI connections, and it would change it's password at or before the appropriate times.