Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customizing the look of Search

ncoppola is offline Member

Default Customizing the look of Search

Can anyone identify how to customize the look of the search control? I'm currently using VB and saw one example done in C# where a new version of the control had to be created, etc..

Thanks.

- Nick
    Nick Coppola
    Lead Developer
    The Everest Information Technologies Group, LLC
    Email Me

Development/Customization/Integration Experience:

VB.NET, C#.NET
    MS SQL Server
    InsiteCreation
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Interprise Suite
    Tradepoint360
    Custom Business Applications

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

If you mean to customize the appearance of the search box and button, that can all be done via CSS.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

ncoppola is offline Member

The search was moved to a control in v9 I believe. I've not located where the styling of the control was exposed for easily modifying the look via css.

I saw someone actually created a new version of the control using C# and then added modified it so it could be styled.

To me that seem counter the idea of having it in a control, as we should be able to change cosmetic properties of the control without having to create a whole new version of the control.

I'm really just trying to make sense of this and see what approach folks are taking before acting hastily.

Thanks,

- Nick
    Nick Coppola
    Lead Developer
    The Everest Information Technologies Group, LLC
    Email Me

Development/Customization/Integration Experience:

VB.NET, C#.NET
    MS SQL Server
    InsiteCreation
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Interprise Suite