Need help with a product setup.

I sell parts that are commonly searched for by their MFR part number because they are application specific. The product name, SKU, and MFR part number all match in my system. I sell these in three conditions at different prices: new, used, and refurbished. I want to put part number 55555 in with the condition as the variants and SKU modifiers so I get:

55555-NEW
55555-USED
55555-REFURBISHED

No problem so far.

Where it gets complicated is that there are several published mfr part numbers that are really just a combination of two lesser parts that I sell and track inventory on separately. So say I also sell part number ABC and XYZ and track inventory based on three conditions, just like above. One of the combination products would look like below:

55555ABC-NEW (Combination of 55555, and ABC, new)
55555ABC-USED (Combination of 55555, and ABC, used)
55555ABC-REFURBISHED (Combination of 55555, and ABC, refurbished)

Some contain BOTH lesser parts:

55555ABCXYZ-NEW (Combination of 55555, and ABC, XYZ new)
55555ABCXYZ-USED (Combination of 55555, and ABC, XYZ used)
55555ABCXYZ-REFURBISHED (Combination of 55555, and ABC, XYZ refurbished)

I need some guidance as to whether ASPDNSF can handle this scenario and the best practice for it. The combination parts are sold at different pricing than if the lesser sub components were bought separately, and I need to track the inventory of the sub components when bought in a group or kit or whatever it shall be.

My thought is to put each combination product into a kit and have the sub components be in the kit, with no options to add or remove them. Can a kit product have variants and kit components for each variant? If someone wanted to buy a used 55555ABC, could the ABC-USED variant of ABC be the one that gets deducted by inventory, or will it always be the default variant of ABC?

One thing I tried was just listing the sub components product ID's in the "Requires Products" section of the product setup. This looks weird because if I name the combination product 55555ABC and comprise it of "Part ABC" and part #55555 in the "Requires Products" field, when added to the cart I would expect to see those two parts, instead, one reads 55555ABC and then "Part ABC", it should read just 55555 and ABC, otherwise it looks like they are getting an extra "Part ABC". It also does not work well for different pricing on combined items.

I also want to avoid doing this through the upsell feature. I want to make sure if a customer searches for part number 55555ABC, they get a result, and there is no question what they need to buy. Many of the sub components fit other things as well, so using the upsell feature would require creating some complicated table tell the customer what to order in each scenario.

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.