Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: custom extension doesn't work in mobile

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Default custom extension doesn't work in mobile

I have the following code that works great on the normal site. Once I switch to mobile, it doesn't return anything as SectionTitle. Any suggestions?

Code:
    public string GetSectionTitle()
        {
            string SectionTitle = string.Empty;
            try
            {
                Page p = HttpContext.Current.Handler as Page;
                SectionTitle = (p as SkinBase).SectionTitle;
            }
            catch { }
            return SectionTitle;
    }

Any suggestions?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Which page are you having problems on (e.g. Product page, Category page etc.). The SectionTitle is a SkinBase variable but is only set within the individual pages and it's possible that one of the mobile templates is clearing it, or that it's not being set correctly?

This is not working on Product and Category pages. It works fine when the site is non-mobile. I have taken all references to anything mobile out of the category.aspx and .aspx.cs pages, yet I still get nothing when requesting sectiontitle.