Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Template/Skin Help

Classic_Exotic is offline Member

Default Template/Skin Help

We use one template on our home page and a slightly different template on our product and category pages. I don't recall making any changes to the home page template, but have noticed that the bottom portion of the homepage that has links for "about us", "faq" and other items now has a large font and is left justified rather than right.

The bottom portion of the home page should look like the very bottom of this product page: http://www.classicandexotic.com/stor...rce-arrow.aspx

Notice that the links area has a small font, is centered, etc.

The HOMEPAGE that should like the page above now has a bottom area that looks like this: http://www.classicandexotic.com/store/default.aspx

It's worth noting the "news" line also used to be centered.

I don't recall changing anything on the homepage template that would have caused it to deviate from what it used to look like, which was the like the product page I provided the link to.

Does anyone know what file, page, line etc. I can change the homepage with? Where is that font, etc. controlled. I need the homepage template to look like the bottom of the product page template/skin.

Thanks.
    Classic & Exotic Service, Inc.
    Specialty Parts For Prewar Cars
    www.classicandexotic.com

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

In the one that works - <div id="footer"> is INSIDE <div id="wrapper">

In the homepage that doesn't work, <div id="footer"> is Outside <div id="wrapper">

TTFN

BFG

Thank you for your response - I have been out of town so am just getting to this today.

I printed the code for both pages and cannot find any div tags, or other tags, that are out of place between one and the other. I have compared the code for both pages several times and cannot find a difference between the working page and the page with the incorrect font and alignment.

I have 'firebugged' the pages and can see what you mean about the tag order, but cannot locate that in the code for the pages.

Am I looking in the wrong place?
    www.classicandexotic.com

Skriver is offline Senior Member

The page with the error.

You have an extra </div> tag above <div id="footer"> delete this and should be fine.

I imagine that is your homepage.master

Thank you - I removed one of the div tags and the page now appears as intended.

I looked at that tag before, but did not remove it because the page that rendered correctly also had two tags.

Go figure.

Thank you for your help with that!
    www.classicandexotic.com