Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: MSx 9.3 Officially Released

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Tammy is offline Super Moderator

Default MSx 9.3 Officially Released

Today we have released our newest and greatest version of MultiStore, MSx 9.3 Read all about the cool new features here.

Release Notes can be found here

tuffy is offline Member

Default Bugs?

With 9101 Fedex rates didn't work and with 9.2 we have to manually resize and rename micro images. Are there any issues like this that we should know about before upgrading again?

Did the one page checkout get fixed?

jo@vortx.com is offline Administrator

Default Configuration Management

I have a feeling that you're asking me "did we release 9.3 knowing that there were bugs?". No. No, no, no. Do we know for sure that it won't be perfect? Of course. Will the bugs (when they transpire - none reported after 48 hours and many hundreds of downloads) impact some people worse than others - of course. And will we care? you bet we will. Will we patch? Nope, not unless we find something really dramatic. You must all be acquainted by now with our commitment to configuration management. We have tested for weeks and weeks - and that was necessary because we have made some very significant improvements, especially to pricing and promotions. As issues are found, we'll fix them in the next round. Meanwhile, we listened to you and the new jquery mobile is now in 9.3 for free, and I hope you'll all check out the promotions engine. We really are doing our utmost to please.
    Thanks, as always, for listening.
    Jo Benson
    COO
    Vortx / AspDotNetStorefront

tuffy is offline Member

I have no doubt that 9.3 is way better than all previous versions, I've been assured that this release wasn't rushed by anything like the USPS and FedEx thing. It's really awesome that you included the mobile cart in there. It will be a huge savings and help a lot with conversions. The promotion engine looks like it will be awesome too.

I just want to be sure that the upgrade will be worth it. I guess I'm just a little skeptical after the last couple upgrades.

I didn't see anything about the micro images or the built in one page checkout in the release notes. Having to manually resize and rename micro images makes adding products a lot more time consuming and I've been told by ASDNSF staff that the built in one page checkout is "more trouble than it's worth."

My main concern is the micro images. Was that bug fixed in 9.3?

cengen is offline Member

Default Tuffy - This is the fix for 9.2 micro image issue

http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...797#post112797

(Post #14, called 'Update')

(If they missed fixing it in 9.3, you can correct it in 9.2. Probably can fix it in 9.3 same way - I don't know this however.)

Hope that helps you,

- Charlie
    Last edited by cengen; 05-24-2012 at 02:04 AM.

mjg is offline Member

Promotions engine is looking great Jo (or anyone at Vortx really). I love the ability to add more than one coupon/promo code at a time.

Question on the thinking behind NOT showing product/subtotal discounts as before?
    As some background, in versions prior to 9.3, when you applied a coupon on shoppingcart.aspx, the affect on the subtotal (if any) would show up immediately in the summary (and Sub Total would get additional text indicating that the amount showing includes applied discounts).

In 9.3, when you apply a "special offer code" (aka coupon), any discount on the price (as opposed to shipping) isn't reflected in the Sub Total. One has to hit the Get Estimates button in order to see the discount that is being applied on this page.

Also, if a customer tries to enter the coupon code into the Gift Card Code textbox, the error that is returned is "THAT COUPON HAS EXPIRED". Was that just an oversight in String Resources in the db upgrade script?

Along those lines, any thoughts about moving the Gift Card Code to the payment screen now that you've broken the coupon and Gift Card textboxes into separate fields?

MJG
    EMM - Enhanced Email Manager

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The subtotal will most likely be modified to reflect promotions on the shopping cart page in the future. There's some extra complexity now that wasn't there before with simpler coupons because promos are capable of so much more, and because changes after that page (which shipping method is selected, for example) can change what the price is, or whether the promo applies anymore at all.

The issue with the string resource was definitely just an oversight, which has been logged so we can get it taken care of next time 'round. Thanks for pointing that out!

As for gift cards - that's a change that we'd like to do at some point, there just wasn't time this cycle. With gift cards essentially being a type of coupon in previous versions, it's going to take some pretty good refactoring to turn them into more of a payment method as you'd expect nowadays.

mjg is offline Member

Thanks for the answers Scott.

We'll make changes, as necessary, in our string resources to reflect these scenarios.
    EMM - Enhanced Email Manager

nchez14 is offline Junior Member

The fact that the subtotal is not adjusted immediately after the coupon code is entered is a really big problem. Even though they see the coupon on the page, it seems like it doesnt work. Is it true that you're not going to fix this problem on v9.3?

You did all of this work improving the function, however it is now much worse to the user.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    The subtotal will most likely be modified to reflect promotions on the shopping cart page in the future. There's some extra complexity now that wasn't there before with simpler coupons because promos are capable of so much more, and because changes after that page (which shipping method is selected, for example) can change what the price is, or whether the promo applies anymore at all.

The issue with the string resource was definitely just an oversight, which has been logged so we can get it taken care of next time 'round. Thanks for pointing that out!

As for gift cards - that's a change that we'd like to do at some point, there just wasn't time this cycle. With gift cards essentially being a type of coupon in previous versions, it's going to take some pretty good refactoring to turn them into more of a payment method as you'd expect nowadays.

usascholar is offline Member

Default Release notes for MSx9.3.1.0?

Hi Guys,

is there a spot for release notes?

I am wondering if MSx9.3.1.0 will fix something small like the "Clear Level" button shown in the Customer level for every user assigned.

I still have to go to pull up each individual user in their account to do this, because this button doesn't work. I have MSx9.3.0.0 installed.

Thanks

A

GoVedia is offline Member

Default Release Notes

@usascholar,

9.3.1 Release notes: http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ase-notes.aspx
    Robert Kanaan
    AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner
    robert@GoVedia.com
    408-758-8845

GoVedia
    http://GoVedia.com
    Approved AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner
    AspDotNetStorefront Recommended Reseller

usascholar is offline Member

Thank you!!

A

barney is offline Junior Member

Default Does anyone have the Smart One Page Checkout to Work in Multi Store 9.3

Hello, I have a site in staging that I can't seem to get the Smart One Page checkout (SOPC) to work with Multi Store Express 9.3? One of the main reasons I had my client purchase ASPDNSF was based on that feature.
    I worked with the Vortx support team over the past few days to try and resolve but now I'm not getting any responses from them. It has been 24 hours since my last reported incident with no response.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Barney

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Hello,

Can you please provide a reference for this issue you have been dealing with in support, such as the ticket number?

The Express version is simply a product quantity limitation which is handled in the license file, and should not affect SOPC functionality. What is the exact issue you are having? Typically it is an incorrect license key being entered in the SOPC AppConfig, as SOPC licenses are URL specific and require specific licenses for dev/staged sites.

Contact Support for a proper license key for your dev/staging site (given that you have a valid SOPC purchase).

Submit free Help Desk ticket
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support

C-Clops is offline Member

Default Cybersource Gateway and 64 bit platforms

Has the issue of the Cybersource Gateway not working on 64bit platforms been addressed? I find it hard to believe that you would just abandon anybody that wants to move to a more modern platform.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Clops View Post
    Has the issue of the Cybersource Gateway not working on 64bit platforms been addressed? I find it hard to believe that you would just abandon anybody that wants to move to a more modern platform.
    Actually it is the 32-bitt DLLs with the Cybersource gateway that is the limitation. This has not been addressed yet in development to work with the SOAP toolkit API if possible:

https://support.cybersource.com/cybs...C629&actp=LIST
    Erik Sutton

C-Clops is offline Member

Default Cybersource Modifications

Are there any plans to do so? I don't know how many of your customers use Cybersource as their gateway, but it seems like it would be advantageous for you to offer a product that actually works on modern platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik View Post
    Actually it is the 32-bitt DLLs with the Cybersource gateway that is the limitation. This has not been addressed yet in development to work with the SOAP toolkit API if possible:

https://support.cybersource.com/cybs...C629&actp=LIST

Quote Originally Posted by C-Clops View Post
    Are there any plans to do so? I don't know how many of your customers use Cybersource as their gateway, but it seems like it would be advantageous for you to offer a product that actually works on modern platforms.
    Yes, but we already have a TON of supported gateways and it is a task to keep them all updated and functional, so working out a different Cybersource may take a backseat. Development has to prioritize everything to make sure we are offering the most bang for the buck possible, as Henry Ford said "The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed ."
    Erik Sutton