Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How can I add new countries and delivery charges?

trufflepig is offline Junior Member

Default How can I add new countries and delivery charges?

Hi, we're using AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.0.2.5/7.0.2.5 Service Pack 1, and I need to add a new range of carrier costs to our backend, for various European countries and also regions of the US. This is also to be subdivided by weight, so for example:

Belgium - 2Kg would have a specific cost
    Belgium - 15Kg would have another, higher cost
    Belgium - 25Kg would have another cost again

Then Germany 2Kg, 15Kg, and so on for a whole range of countries, and for US regions.

This needs to be calculated by the system when the buyer makes their purchase.

I can't see how this is added in the backend, for example I looked in Delivery -> Delivery Methods and Delivery Zones but can't see how this specific information is added.

I also looked in the Shipping Rates table, and guess "Calculate by Weight and by Zone" is what I want but not all the countries / regions have zip codes as such and I don't see how to input the right info.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks!
    Last edited by trufflepig; 05-08-2012 at 03:37 AM.

trufflepig is offline Junior Member

Does *anyone* have any idea if or how this can be done?

In the manual it says that the software doesn't support most other coun try zip codes, would this mean it isn't possible?

Please advise...

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Shipping Zones will support State, Countries and Zones so that should apply the shipping cost depending on what the customer has entered in their account. I assume you only want to use this for registered customers?

Are your European countries going to have the same shipping rate for each weight?

For example

Belgium, Germany 2kg = 10 Euro
    Belgium, Germany 5kg = 20 Euro
    Belgium, Germany 15kg = 100 Euro?

If so then I am certain ASPDNSF can handle that.

Calculate Shipping By Weight & Zone would be the one I would use and then under the Shipping Method I would put each weight category with the price next to that. I would set up a dev version of your site and test it. Let me know how you get on.

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Not sure if these help either

Setting up zones

manual.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p-782-shipping-zones.aspx

Shipping Rates

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...tes-table.aspx