Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: 8.0.1.4 Upgrade need help!!!

Pdesignz is offline Member

Default 8.0.1.4 Upgrade need help!!!

Hello, I have been trying to upgrade from 8.0.1.2 to 8.0.1.4 for over a year now and the support I get on the site is nothing less than horrible!! I am working with non-profit and the funds they have are practically none, if anyone would be willing to help or walk me through upgrading from 8.0.1.2 to 8.0.1.4, I would most appreciate it. This is my last attempt, if I can't get this to work, I am going to dump AspDotNet Storefront and go with another e-commerce program like NopCommerce or some other solution. I have been using AspDotNet for years, but now that their support has really gone downhill and have had no help and been unable to get a simple upgrade to work for almost a year, it is time to consider an alternative option. I have already downloaded the files and backed up my database from my current host. I have then downloaded the original installation file as well as the upgrade installation file to 8.0.1.4. I thought that maybe I should install the original files and once that was installed and configured, I could then run through the upgrade and try getting the upgrade running. Unfortunately now I can't get my original 8.0.1.2 to run locally under Windows 7 and IIS7 as I did when I was on another machine using IIS6 and Windows XP. My new thought is I could try and run the upgrade and not run the original file and instead of creating the database from scratch, I could restore the existing database that I backed up from the host...Some of the old installation documents or files are no longer available on the site. I am trying to run the upgrade and get this to run on a local machine prior to me trying to upgrade the files on the server...If anyone would be willing to help, your help would be most appreciated and I would be in your debt!

I appreciate your help and hope to hear from someone urgently!!

Thanks

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

I have no idea if you've seen it or not but the proper upgrade steps are documented in the manual.

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...x-version.aspx

Based on what you wrote I am not quite sure if you're taking the proper steps to upgrade. The only specific problem you listed was that you can no longer get your original site to run locally...To be honest I doubt this is a storefront issue, but probably a (local) server configuration issue.

If you haven't done any major modifications to the site, that upgrade should be pretty simple.

I'm sorry I don't have anything more specific for you.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

donttryathome, thanks for the reply. I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, but the upgrade manual has me totally confused.

So far I have downloaded both the 8.0.1.2 and 8.0.1.4 install files. I have also also downloaded the files from the host and backed up the database.
    I ran the 8.0.1.4 install, so now I have the files that I downloaded and database and now I have the new folder that the installation created. So now do I try and restore the database I backed up and use it with the new files that the program created or do I try and get the files I downloaded to run???

Thank You!

Skriver is offline Senior Member

You should not have too many problems as its not a large upgrade. Migrating from 8 to 9 I can understand the issues but it really should be just a database upgrade that you need.

Happy to take a look for you if you want.

Skriver - That would be great!! I have been trying to do this for almost a year now and just never get anywhere and this was my last attempt. What would you need? I can send the web.config file, the files I downloaded from the host or whatever you need. I have been trying to get the files to run locally, but get a 500.19 error about a duplicate key entry. I have tried both the default web.config from a fresh install and the web.config that I downloaded from the host...
    Not sure where I can go from here, but would really appreciate all the help you can provide!

Much appreciated...

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Hi

Sent you a contact request. Easier to talk over message

Great! I accepted your request. I had trying to use asp.net 4.0 app pool, but was throwing an error, support suggested I try 2.0 and now all I get is

Could not load file or assembly 'App_Licenses' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I have tried using the default web.config as well as the one I currently downloaded fro the host. I just altered the db conn string and did not touch anything else. I have gone through the install steps and have been unable to get the site to run either the default install or the files I downloaded from the host. I tried 8.0.1.2 and 8.0.1.4

Thanks