Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Build problem after upgrading from 9.1.0.3 to 9.2.0.0

chiliandrew is offline Junior Member

Default Build problem after upgrading from 9.1.0.3 to 9.2.0.0

I'm trying to upgrade to 9.2.0.0 from 9.1.0.3 and am running into a build issue. I can build 9.1.0.3 just fine when I revert the upgrade. Here's what I see when building 9.2.0.0 though:

The value for the 'compilerVersion' attribute in the provider options must be 'v4.0' or later if you are compiling for version 4.0 or later of the .NET Framework. To compile this Web application for version 3.5 or earlier of the .NET Framework, remove the 'targetFramework' attribute from the <compilation> element of the Web.config file.

The odd thing is that the <compilation> element doesn't actually have a targetFramework attribute on it in either 9.1 or 9.2. I did some Googling and couldn't find anything relevant.

I did find that if I removed the entire <system.codedom> element, the build proceeds (kinda). Without that element, I see the following two errors:

'AspDotNetStorefront.Global' does not contain a definition for 'GetLicenseInfo' C:\Projects\x\ASPDNSF Source\Web\admin\about.aspx.cs http://localhost/AspDotNetStorefrontMultiStore9/

'ASP.ApplicationBrowserCapabilitiesFactory.Safari1 plusProcessBrowsers(bool, System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection , System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities)': no suitable method found to override c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\aspdotnetstorefrontmultistore9\92a59168\ac80 dbee\App_Browsers.weryiho5.0.cs

I'm not sure what to do about the first issue, but the second issue made me realize that it's trying to build w/ .NET runtime v4 rather than v2. I've looked through a ton of .csproj and .config diffs and can't find out why this is happening.

How can I fix these problems?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Jon is offline Customer Support

Default re: Build problem after upgrading from 9.1.0.3 to 9.2.0.0

Hello,
    While you may get some responses on the forum from our other users (this is really the purpose of the forum), we'd be happy to help if you could please submit this as a support ticket via our free help desk.

The forum is really meant to provide users with a way to communicate with one another, exchange ideas, get help, etc. It is not an effective tool for us to give you high quality, effective, quick technical support.

For actual technical support from our support team here at AspDotNetStorefront.com, you'll get the quick, effective help you need - for free - when you simply submit a ticket to our Help Desk.

Best Regards,
    Jon