Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Brand Rule Creation

wing43215 is offline Junior Member

Default Brand Rule Creation

I am trying to set My Manufacture Name as the Brand name for Google unique product identifiers. I can get as far as
    If Manufacture Name matches ?* (Wild Card) then set Brand to = ????
    What do I use to set the Manufacture Name of each product to equal that of the brand name? I am clueless.

Crystal is offline Junior Member

Default Manufacturer to Brand

DotFeed will extract and feed this information for you. It is, of course, your role to make sure that your Manufacturer field in AspDotNetStorefront is populated, or that you use the DotFeed rules to provide the missing information.

If this wasn't already populated you'd want to use the 'Current' token.

{current} is used to mean “all of the data that currently exists in this OUTGOING field”. Typically, this token is used when the outgoing field is already prepared but needs data appending to it.

So the rule would look like this
    If manufacturer name matches ?* (Wild Card) then set Brand to {current}

wing43215 is offline Junior Member

So The Brand name was sposed to be populated automatically and sent to Google? Cause it wasn't, and we got suspended . Our manufacture field is filled out on all our products (it is required for creating and posting a live product in Storefront 9.2 MS) and with this rule I can now see the Manufacture name show up in the Band category under 'pre-view results'.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

It is suppose to be auto-populated, yes.

It's my first time to ever heard this issue so if you can also put a ticket in dotfeed support, I'd be happy to investigate what's going on.