Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: I keep getting the same waring over and over again.

cbadchris is offline Junior Member

Default I keep getting the same waring over and over again.

I keep seeing the following warning in the even viewer. Anyone have any idea?

Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 5/1/2012 3:08:02 AM
    Event time (UTC): 5/1/2012 8:08:02 AM
    Event ID: 3e003a9870a34c83bf50cfcbcdd296ea
    Event sequence: 129024
    Event occurrence: 4181
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-129802575590385000
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /
    Application Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxxxxxxxxxx\
    Machine name: 388941-WEB1

Process information:
    Process ID: 8564
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: IIS APPPOOL\gxxxxxxxxxxx

Exception information:
    Exception type: PathTooLongException
    Exception message: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

Request information:
    Request URL: http://www.domain.com/(f(9mztzqsihac...auto-body.aspx
    Request path: /(f(9mztzqsihacyccgoqqgie1hyf2rnetfxzvwwefqidyogvzy agawdiejpbgsys5yndxgrhiqex7rzswojwlb89p9hb014dcwjy viyzxedgwtvrw_i0bw0klc2hw6nyetlcrrhpodnh5qdt8iwyhw-gqxikcw4dasouukbvwlzyzomzdkeh3mgufimurldg_ev4i0ti3 xx6fedreagvdlnmvwcuk41))/c-23-auto-body.aspx
    User host address: 199.21.99.78
    User:
    Is authenticated: False
    Authentication Type:
    Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\xxxxxxxxxx

Thread information:
    Thread ID: 32
    Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\xxxxxxxxxx
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace: at System.IO.Path.SafeSetStackPointerValue(Char* buffer, Int32 index, Char value)
    at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
    at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
    at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.Canonical izePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateLis tFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPa thList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor (FileIOPermissionAccess access, String path)
    at System.Web.InternalSecurityPermissions.PathDiscove ry(String path)
    at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_PhysicalPath()
    at AspDotNetStorefront.Global.(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at AspDotNetStorefront.Global.Application_BeginReques t(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep. System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute( )
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details:

pravalli555 is offline Junior Member

I am having the same problem on couple of my sites. Can any one provide a solution for this one please?

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

That feels a little like someone is trying to hack your site using a buffer-overflow type of attack. Are the requests always coming from the same site/IP?
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

pravalli555 is offline Junior Member

I have seen these errors in the google web master. Lot of parameters are added to the url and it hits the website. Since the url is too long it throws an exception. I have been getting a lot of these errors at the same time.