Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Help - inherited store with no known admin

steveclv is offline Junior Member

Default Help - inherited store with no known admin

I have been given the task of recovering a store that the owner has lost the admin details for. I have complete access to the store via FTP and I backed up the database and recovered a copy to my local PC running SQL server and I can now access the database.

I am going to have to learn Aspdotnetstorefront but is there a quick way that I can either find a username and password to gain access to Admin or can I insert a new record into the Customer table to achieve the same? Can I encrypt or decrypt a password correctly?

Any help and pointers gratefully received

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hmm. Yes there is but I'm sure you understand, I can't tell you how on a public forum.

If you are able to provide FTP access, I can get you an admin account created.
    Contact me directly and I can probably help.

Adam

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Just create a 'normal' customer account through the customer facing side of the site.
    Then - directly within the DB - update the IsAdmin field for that account to 3.

e.g. UPDATE Customer SET IsAdmin = 3 WHERE Email = 'you@yourdomain.com'

TTFN

BFG

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Exactly as above.

Create a new account then open the customer.dbo table. Right at the bottom you will see your account. Move over to the IsAdmin column and change the levels to 1 for admin or 3 for superadmin.

Then go to www.yourdomain.com/admin and you should be in.

The admin directory maybe named something else though..