Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: AffiliateId in querystring - Where to modify?

mjg is offline Member

Default AffiliateId in querystring - Where to modify?

I'm trying to assist a customer in accepting an alternative to the word AffiliateId on the querystring. I've tried doing this through modifying the Redirect Rules in their web.config (on current v8.0.0.0 site) with no luck.

I've been pouring through the source code and haven't been able to find where the AffiliateId is being assigned to new customers. It appears this is getting dropped into the cookie and/or written directly into the customer record on login but I'm not having any luck finding WHERE this is happening so I can look for some alternative wording on the querystring.

Anyone out there done something similar or have any suggestions on where I should be looking? (Yes, we have full source on this project). Thanks in advance!

MJG
    EMM - Enhanced Email Manager

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi,

Do you mean these lines in App_Code/Skinbase.cs?

Code:
    if (CommonLogic.QueryStringUSInt("affiliateid") > 0)
    {
            HttpContext.Current.Profile.SetPropertyValue("AffiliateID", CommonLogic.QueryStringUSInt("affiliateid").ToString());
    }

mjg is offline Member

Wow, wonder how I could have missed this. Guess I was searching on the main source and not the website source...

Thanks so very much!

mjg is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by webopius View Post
    Hi,

Do you mean these lines in App_Code/Skinbase.cs?

Code:
    if (CommonLogic.QueryStringUSInt("affiliateid") > 0)
    {
            HttpContext.Current.Profile.SetPropertyValue("AffiliateID", CommonLogic.QueryStringUSInt("affiliateid").ToString());
    }
    Unfortunately, this is only in code from v9.0 and later. It doesn't exist in the v8.x code.

Still looking.

bradg is offline Junior Member

Any update on this?

I have version 9 and I've modified SkinBase.cs. However, this only updates the AffiliateID for users who are NOT logged in.

Has anyone found where this is updated in the customer table (for users that ARE logged in?)

Thanks,

Brad
    World Wide Wireless, Inc.