Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Newbie needs help swapping a couple things.

Vapor is offline Junior Member

Default Newbie needs help swapping a couple things.

Hello,
    I am totally new to setting up a store and am adding products and images for the various pages however I am having difficulty changing out a couple of items that I feel are probably very basic but are obviously presenting a challenge to me.

I just want to swap out the default logo, change the phone number and ditch the Live Chat icon.

I'm fine with just the generic skins while I get my store off the ground so I'm not looking to spend thousands for a developer to do all of this. I'm on a Mac and have Dreamweaver and thought I would be able to adjust these things from it or the backend of the store but as I have researched this basic issue it sounds like I need much more.

I would consider using a developer to do a more advanced site once I can start generating some positive income from the store but at the moment it's not in my budget. Any guidance anyone can provide for me to do this on my own would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

danrawk is offline Member

you should be able to replace those in the skin .CSS file. if you want to remove them entirely you would edit the skin .css file and the template file accordingly.

i wouldn't suggest dreamweaver. the last version i used (10 years ago, to be fair) had a nasty habit of auto-changing/correcting code on me. a good text editor is all you need.

dan