Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: API for access to database without XSLT

Sergey is offline Junior Member

Smile API for access to database without XSLT

Hi all,

I have a question about access to database, for example i need show all categories and sub catagories in my new user control, (in left part of site), i.e. just call method, in behine code, something like GetAllCategories(......) and get entity which i'll be parsed and show, without xslt(package) ofcourse... interesting is it possible? or I just didn't see that this has already been described in the manual somewhere.... i.e. i need some API for access to database or something like that.

Thanks in advance

esedirect is offline Senior Member

I don't know of an API like the one you want. But you can start with the SQL in this Category Path Query thread to get the results you're looking for.
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

Sergey is offline Junior Member

Thanks esedirect, I just do not want to do queries manually, because the it may cause unexpected results if you just get a list of categories, it does not really scary, but if I add a some user control which will have a method InsertSomething(), I should very good to know the database structure to do such things. From past experience I can say that this don't lead to good...