Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Upgrading to Multi-Store with custom skin

TheGlowPro is offline Member

Default Upgrading to Multi-Store with custom skin

Has anyone with a custom skin designed for earlier versions made the upgrade to Multi-Store? I see it uses master pages but I have no idea what that is and what I'm getting into to make it work. The skin I have has worked from version 6.x to 8.1 which we're on now with little to no issues.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Your pre-v9 skin won't work at all in MultiStore I'm afraid, it's a totally different skinning technology. Older style skins can be converted to be master pages, but it takes a degree of familiarity with HTML, CSS, and possibly XML to do that. With some skins it's pretty simple, and others take more 'fiddling' to get working, if they were doing anything overly fancy on the older versions.

If you contact support, we can send you a doc that gives a basic outline of what has to be done to convert an old skin to a master page so you can get an idea of the amount of effort involved in your skin. That doc's also in the root of the v9 downloads if you've already got the MultiStore files.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    Your pre-v9 skin won't work at all in MultiStore I'm afraid, it's a totally different skinning technology. Older style skins can be converted to be master pages, but it takes a degree of familiarity with HTML, CSS, and possibly XML to do that. With some skins it's pretty simple, and others take more 'fiddling' to get working, if they were doing anything overly fancy on the older versions.

If you contact support, we can send you a doc that gives a basic outline of what has to be done to convert an old skin to a master page so you can get an idea of the amount of effort involved in your skin. That doc's also in the root of the v9 downloads if you've already got the MultiStore files.
    Thanks, Scott. I'll email support for that file so I can see just how far over my head the transition will be.