Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Monthly Maintenance Timeout Error

TheGlowPro is offline Member

Default Monthly Maintenance Timeout Error

Hello. I'm having a problem with the monthly maintenance tasks. Frequently, we get a timeout error. Here's the error text -

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]
    AspDotNetStorefrontCore.DB.ExecuteStoredProcInt(St ring StoredProcName, SqlParameter[] spa) +573
    AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.monthlymaintenance.GOButt on_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1356
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +115
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +140
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981
    Does anybody else experience this and have a solution?

Store is ML 8.1 but it's been doing this since we were on version 6.
    Last edited by TheGlowPro; 03-19-2012 at 12:20 PM.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

I had that on version 7 a while ago. I broke the tasks down into groups of 2 or 3 then run them seperate. See if that works.

TheGlowPro is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by deanfp View Post
    I had that on version 7 a while ago. I broke the tasks down into groups of 2 or 3 then run them seperate. See if that works.
    Thanks, that works on most tasks. But I'm still hung up on delete anonymous users. Is there anywhere to change the timeout settings?

deanfp is offline Senior Member

I believe its the app config SessionTimeoutInMinutes