Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Experiencing weird error with related products

omairkha is offline Member

Question Experiencing weird error with related products

Hi,

So just today I started experiencing a weird error with the related products.

For all the existing products (even ones that don't have any related products defined), the related products section is displaying a random collection of products. All the products show the same products in their related section even if those products are defined as related or not.

However, if I create a new product or a clone of the product then those do not have the issue. Only the pre-existing products do.

I have tried clearing the cache also and it had no affect. I have also checked the database directly and the RelatedProduct fields for each product have the correct values in the table.

It was working fine up until yesterday, and the only difference between yesterday and today is day light savings. But I cannot see how that would affect it and no other changes have been made (to my knowledge). Has anyone had this problem before or know how to fix it?

Thanks

Using MS 9.1.0.1

vnr is offline Banned

Default Related Products

Have you enabled DynamicRelatedProducts in appconfig? If not have you edited any stored procedure?

Thanks for the suggestion! It was set to true. The results have returned to normal after setting it to false.

vnr is offline Banned

Default Related Products

Cool.

Have a Great Day

I just noticed something weird with Related Products again...

I have a product which won't show up when it is added to another product's related products field. This product is mapped to 2 other products as related and was working just fine a few days ago.

I have even tried adding it to other products as related to see if it would show up or not but no luck.

So far I have only noticed this occur with this single product. All other products are showing up fine when added as related.

DynamicRelatedProducts is disabled
    RelatedProducts NumberDisplayed is 10
    Format is GRID

any suggestions?

Thanks!

ok, so I just realized the inventory for that item was showing -5000. Inventory doesn't affect our business so we don't keep track of it on ASPNSF. When I changed the inventory to a positive number the product started showing up in related products again.

HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel appConfig is set to -1 which the description says will disable the filter.

But looks like the filter is still applied in the case of related products??

Using MS 9.1.0.1