Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Making changes to Coupons

GoodFella is offline Member

Default Making changes to Coupons

Hi,

I would like to change the coupon so that a customer can get 30% Off on a product but the coupon can only be used on a single quantity. If the customer purchases two of the items, the 30% will be applied to only one of them.

I have the source for 8.0. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Marc

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

One way to do this would be to create a duplicate of the product.
    Have the coupon apply to the duplicate & set the restricted quantity for the duplicate to only 1.

You should probably also set the coupon to expire on first usage for each customer.

TTFN

BFG

GoodFella is offline Member

Thank you. If I wanted to mess around with the logic for the coupons ... where would I want to look in the source code?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by BFG 9000 View Post
    One way to do this would be to create a duplicate of the product.
    Have the coupon apply to the duplicate & set the restricted quantity for the duplicate to only 1.

You should probably also set the coupon to expire on first usage for each customer.

TTFN

BFG