Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Any way to get real time USPS First Class Domestic Rates?

jay01 is offline Junior Member

Default Any way to get real time USPS First Class Domestic Rates?

I noticed the real time shipping system does not list USPS First Class domestic as a supported method. Is there any way around this or is it a USPS limitation on their API? We ship a lot of light pieces that can ship via First Class so it would be nice to support this in the cart.

Thanks,
    Jason

imsevimse is offline Junior Member

I also need USPS first class from real time rates. First Class was working on 7.1 but when we just upgraded to 8.0.1.4, it stopped working. The only article I could find how to do this was changing the app config setting for USPS Services to 'ALL'. But what they does on the front store is return about 35 shipping methods which is not feasible in an ecommerce environment. Seems to me that the Shipping setup for Aspdotnetstorefront is limited compared to what the market demands these days. Also, fyi, after the upgrade FedEx rates also stopped working. I have a ticket opened with their support and will update here once I have a response.

butcher is offline Junior Member

Default me too

We would like this option too. Any information would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Eric

spamacon is offline Junior Member

Default 2 possible solutions

Hello all,
    I found 2 possible solutions for this. The first involves editing the source code, specifically the RTShipping.cs file in the AspDotNetStorefrontCore project. I added the following code in 2 places, around line 1786 and again around line 2428 in ASPDNSF version 9.2. The "FirstClassMailType" element must come immediately after the "Service" element, as shown:

uspsReqLoop.Append("<Service>");
    uspsReqLoop.Append(USPSServices[srvcs].ToString());
    uspsReqLoop.Append("</Service>");

// Added to enable First Class shipping method
    if (USPSServices[srvcs].ToString().EqualsIgnoreCase("FIRST CLASS"))
    {
    uspsReqLoop.Append("<FirstClassMailType>PARCEL</FirstClassMailType>");
    }

The second solution involves following Vortx suggestion and setting the RTShipping.USPS.Services AppConfig to "ALL", but then setting the RTShipping.ShippingMethodsToPrevent AppConfig to a list of all the USPS methods you want to omit. The list is pretty big, and you can see what is returned from the "ALL" services by enabling the RTShipping.DumpXmlOnCartPage AppConfig. "First-Class Mail Parcel" will be shown in there, and you want to omit everything besides that.

Hope that helps!
    Adam