Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Feed Failing on XML Tag Mismatch

jay01 is offline Junior Member

Default Google Feed Failing on XML Tag Mismatch

I just setup dotfeed with Google and having an issue with Google rejecting the feed based on these 2 items:

XML Tag Mismatch
    Your data feed contains a pair of opening/closing XML tags that don't match. A closing tag must always match the most recent opening tag in the feed. For example, this XML would generate an "XML Tag Mismatch" error:

<g:event_dateTime>
    <g:from>2005-12-20T14:00:00
    <g:to>2005-12-20T19:00:00</g:to>
    </g:event_dateTime>

The XML generates an error because the attribute tag <g:from> doesn't have a matching end-tag </g:from>. Each attribute tag must be terminated by the matching end-tag:

<g:event_dateTime>
    <g:from>2005-12-20T14:00:00</g:from>
    <g:to>2005-12-20T19:00:00</g:to>
    </g:event_dateTime>

The item containing this error will be skipped. However, other properly-formatted products in your feed will still process.

The second reason is:
    Invalid RSS/Atom document format

Everything looks find in the DotFeed interface. Any ideas here?

Thanks,
    Jason

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Jason, I apologies for not responding to this immediately. Can you please tell me if you're still experiencing the same problem? If yes, can you send this to support please?

TimMapes is offline Junior Member

Default Google feed errors

I have the same two errors, is there any update on this?