Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How To Prevent Shipping Methods? Does Not Seem To Function!

rbendik is offline Junior Member

Default How To Prevent Shipping Methods? Does Not Seem To Function!

Using ML 8.0.1.4/8.0.1.4
    Using both UPS and USPS for shipping. I have tried to edited the AppConfig (252) RTShipping.ShippingMethodsToPrevent to limit the ship methods available. However, this field seems to be limited in size so that I cannot eliminate all of the multititude of USPS ship methods. Once I reach a certain number of characters, it starts dropping off the backend. Between USPS and UPS I only need about 5-10 ship methods for both domestic and international.
    Am I missing something?
    Is there a way to increase the size of this field?

Please help!

mjg is offline Member

The ConfigValue field of the AppConfig table is defined as nvarchar(1000). You could change this but you would also need to modify the associated stored procedures that include, but are not limited to:
    • aspdnsf_insAppConfig
    • aspdnsf_updAppConfig

Not sure what else you would need to change. Perhaps the maximum characters on the AppConfig edit page as well?

*Of course, any time you modify the stored procedures you need to keep track of this for future upgrades so that they don't overwrite your modifications.
    EMM - Enhanced Email Manager