Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: International Customers

JohnnyFurman is offline Junior Member

Default International Customers

I have a client who doesn't want to accept international or afo/apo orders at all. I have tried to restrict shipping to non-us locations, but orders can still go through. Am I missing something?

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

I just deleted all the countries I don't want to ship to...

TTFN

BFG

JohnnyFurman is offline Junior Member

You mean in the db?

I don't really want to delete db values to do this. There should be some configuration value that would let you do this at the app logic level... Is there?

jimmidude is offline Junior Member

You can delete the countries from the Admin control panel, go to Taxes-Edit Countries and/or Taxes -- edit states and delete the areas you don't want to ship to. If you need to restore this information at a later time you can get if from the database install sctipts. Not hard to to but you need to be comfortable if SQL and databases.
    You should make it clear on your site, preferrably on every page that you only accept orders form the USA. Or you will have some very angry people who spend a lot of time browsing and adding items to their carts on to find out they cannot check out.
    See my site for an example www.sailboardalley.com