Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customer notifications - order status updated

mikemurphy is offline Senior Member

Default Customer notifications - order status updated

Is it possible to send an auto-email when we add details to the customer notes in the back-end ?

...we'd like to inform the customer of a change of order status

Any thoughts ?
    8.0.1.4 W2008R2 64-bit MSSQL2005

mikemurphy is offline Senior Member

bump

happy to pay for this mod

anyone ??
    8.0.1.4 W2008R2 64-bit MSSQL2005

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi.

I'm only viewing the code and not trying this but this should be a relatively straightforward modification if you just need to send the email to the customer if their notes are changed against the order.

For example, within /admin/orderframe.aspx.cs is the action for updating notes:

Code:
    if (SubmitAction == "UPDATENOTES")
    {
    }
    Within this code is the call to Gateway.OrderManagement_SetCustomerServiceNotes() which actually updates the notes against a specific order. At the same time as this, you could email the Customer.

If I was approaching this, I'd probably create a new method that took an order number and the customer notes as a parameter, extracted the customer id from the order, looked up the email for this customer and then emailed them informing them that their order notes had changed. I'd estimate less than 1hr to make this basic change.

If I had more time, I'd enhance this slightly so that it used an XML package to create the email which would give more flexibility for editing and changing later.